Friday, February 22, 2008

Greetings my Sistas


Friday the 22nd of February at the little house:
It's Friday! What happened to Thursday? Oh, that's right, I started by baking a batch of brownies. And then I couldn't move for about 4 hours. They were very strong brownies...all that chocolate, espresso, cinnamon...etc.

I finished my Snake Phobia story and if you haven't read it on my world of color and light blog,

I would surely love your feedback before I seek wider publication. I'm choosing to let the piece steep over the weekend, so if you have a few minutes to give me, I'd really appreciate it. Grammer editing, style and honest feedback are welcomed. Telling me I can't write is not okay.

I got inspired last night and made four art squares for The Pink Artist project:

It was good to get back to the needle and thread, fabric and bead. My favorite square has a Hoffman Fabric Batik backing of muted rainbow shades of stained glass. To this I sewed a 20 year old Anne Klein black face gold watch, just the face, not the strap. I over laid it with organza, and used french knots to anchor the sheer organza down. Just before the last knot, I slipped in a Thank you card in orange, which matched the embroidery floss. It's my favorite and I didn't take a picture of it because I want it's image to be filed with all the other images that Monica will keep of this incredible HEART -TATA gift she's created.

Monica, Namaste`

Love,
Connie

2 comments:

Connie said...

Hey ya'll, sorry my html links don't work...I haven't figured out how to manipulate html to make it do what I want it to....but I'm sure this is only a temporary condition!
Connie

Griselda said...

I fixed your active/hot links
This is how you do it.
When you write the name of the link, you need to select it as if you were about to copy it, by placing your mouse over the word and then you go to the top of the menu and sellect that little icon with a chain/link which will send a drop down with a place for your url or address of the other page/site