Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Harvest time

As I was finishing the last bits on my package, I had to stop and consider my intention in sending this along. Connie started a beautiful chain of events, and I said yes! How often do people offer an opportunity to me and I give them a flat NO...I have done this recently and saw in my friend's face disapointment. We have to live with the way we respond to life and opportunities.
So, my intention here is to share a bit of magic with all of you and to be part of the end results, I wonder how would it look at the end and who would buy the box? I already feel the connection getting stronger as we reach out to link to others, I imagine they will all be women (I don't see too many guys involved in this type of adventure)
I feel it is important to document each step with photos, as much as I resisted because it creates a visual of the process encouraging each other to recycle our little stash to create a harvest of creativity...I believe it also moves the energy of abundance and prosperity.
I will share with you now a beautiful poem written a long time ago, it is anonymous as far as I know.


Harvest Prayer

(Anonymous 17th Century Sermon)

Please be gentle with yourself and others.
We are all children of chance,
And none can say why some fields blossom
While others lay brown beneath the harvest sun.
Take hope that your season will come.
Share the joy of those whose season is at hand.
Care for those around you.
Look past your differences.
Their dreams are no less than yours,
Their choices in life no more easily made.
And give.
Give in any way you can.
Give in every way you can.
Give whatever you possess.
Give from your heart.
To give is to love.
To withhold is to wither.
Care less for the size of your harvest
than for how it is shared,
And your life will have meaning
And your heart will have peace.


Thanks Connie for planting the first seeds.

Gris

7 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Beautiful poem Gris, thanks for sharing. This box will glow by the time it reaches its end. I wonder who its owner will be? I wonder what the box will hold when it ends its journey? I wonder.... xo, Monica

Connie said...

Hi Griselda,
Thanks for the beautiful poem, it's sums up so much! It's kind of a great feeling to pack up that box and send off to an unknown spirit isn't it? I imagine Paige is very excited and Monica is impatient and Grace is thinking it's a long way off, but this is part of the process isn't it? Anticipation! I look forward to pictures from Paige of what she opened, what she kept, what she added.

Gris, can you take a photo of the items you kept? I just think the visual element of this is really cool too.

Be well everyone,
Connie

Griselda said...

The poem or sermon came from Luna at the LJ, she always has wonderful things to share and I felt it was pertinent to our treasure box.

Griselda said...

Sorry Connie, I already mixed your beautiful beads with the rest of mine :(

Connie said...

oh, cool, then take a picture of YOUR beads...I'll show you mine if you'll...

Paige said...

I love that poem! I know some people who extremely need to take the advice. ;-)

I am so excited that I will be calling home at mail delivery time until the fantastical, magical, spiritual, artistical box arrives. I'll scamper off to my @(*# peace room and savor the experience! Yes, and photographically record the event. :-)

Hugs and blessings to everyone!

Griselda said...

You want a photo of my beads...hmm...which part of my mess should I start with...laughs*
I am planing to make a necklace using those you sent to me on the side and also those I picked up from the treasure box, when it is done, I will post it here