Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Treasure Box


What is the nature of the treasure box? The treasure box came of clearing
space in my studio for new stuff to come into. What I invited was
magical thinking, to reference Joan Didion, one of my favorite non-
fiction writers.
So what form does treasure take? And how does one let go of what was
once treasured enough to keep, but is now ready to move along it's path?

I guess it's as simple as watching the russet leaves fall from the
maple trees in November. Leaves that decorated the branches of a
succulent, living, plant form that each autumn, due to it's nature,
must let go and release what is no longer vibrant and useful, whose
purpose has been served; life, so that it may be lived.

4 comments:

Paige said...

It's here! It's here! It's here! And what a perfect day for a treasure box to arrive - right before my long Thanksgiving weekend and just a couple of days before my birthday (Friday). I'll take pictures and post them - probably will get them on tomorrow. Oh, it's a beautiful bounty!

The treasure box is more magical and nourishing to the spirit than I imagined it would be. Truly incredible! It's a much needed delight at this time for me.

I strive to live every day in gratitude (gosh, it's darn hard sometimes!) so Thanksgiving is pretty much just another day to me, but I admit to feeling more grateful than usual. I feel blessed to have met such incredible women and to be part of this special, spiritual journey.

Blessings to all!

Connie said...

Happy Birthday Paige! Happy Thanksgiving Day, Paige! I am thankful for your sparkling spirit shining on us through this happy, happy post comment. I can feel your child-like excitement gushing out of your words. I'm so glad you get to spend this time with the magical, nourishing treasure box! Can't wait to see photos, when you get the time!

Be well,
Connie

Griselda said...

I almost can see your smile Paige, how wonderful to feel your little girl inside.
Wishing for you a blessed birthday.
Hugs

Griselda said...

Connie, I am glad you posted this last one because I do believe that recyclable art is born out of the same intention to re-create and share from our bounty...as you can see it overflows in my studio. :)
I made 3 more small boxes for other friends, one in fact will be a surprise, thanks for inspiring us.
I hope your Thanksgiving Day was beautiful.