Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited about this journey that I can hardly sit still today! I just wanted to jump in and say hello to each of you...

I know Grace from the Beaded Art Dolls Yahoo group and met Monica about the same time...actually when I think about it, it was Grace that sent me to Monica when I first started beading art dolls! Monica makes some AWESOME doll forms and I fell in love with them the first time I opened a "grab bag" lot of hers that I bought off of Ebay! The creative energy she puts into her art just pops out of the box, and off the page of her blog and there are few days that go by without a "Monica Fix!" VBG

Grace, who claims the title of "Beader Extraordinaire" in my book, took a new job shortly after I "met" her and has not been online with the group for a while, but we still manage to cross paths from time to time and I am looking forward to being a part of this journey with her!

As a matter of fact, I am very eager to get to know all of you through this process, which is part of the reason I joined, plus who could pass up the opportunity to see great art close up and to oooooh and awww over "sparkles". It is really funny that I have always referred to myself as a "crow" since I love all that sparkles...coincidence you ask? I think not!

I want to thank Connie for inviting me, for without the invitation, I would have been lurking instead of participating!!! I am going to run into my studio and start searching for "sparkles" right now...!

2 comments:

girlgonethreadwild said...

Shoot, I wrote a long comment & the darn thing went lost. lol Just my luck! What I was babbling about tho was that I really appreciated the compliments you left for me Jo, I even broke out in a blush! I left the post about my crow doll form BEFORE reading this, so it was a real treat to follow that with what you left here. THANK YOU! I believe we all have something really special and the box reflects that wholeheartedly. The winner in the end will surely get a real life altering experience.... no doubt about that! Welcome Jo!

Jo Anne O. said...

Awww, Monica!! You know you are my buddy and how much I love your art...well...I just HAD to say something! :o) It is true that your packages AND your blog just crackle with artistic energy and I am sure I am not the only one who has picked up on that!!!!