Monday, December 3, 2007

The gathering of women

She Walks in Beauty
She walks in beauty like the night








Of cloudless climes and starry skies,








And all that's best of dark and bright








Meet in her aspect and her eyes;








Thus mellowed to the tender light








Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
















One ray the more, one shade the less








Had half impaired the nameless grace








Which waves in every raven tress








Or softly lightens o'er her face,








Where thoughts serenely sweet express








How pure, how dear their dwelling place.
















And on that cheek and o'er that brow








So soft, so calm yet eloquent,








The smiles that win, the tints that glow








But tell of days in goodness spent








A mind at peace with all below,








A heart whose love is innocent.
















--
Lord Byron, (George Gordon)

When
I
opened
the
box...

what BEAUTY spilled forth!

I promised its sender
I'd scream
when I received the box,
perhaps she'd hear me
from all
the way
over there?

But, as it turns out...
what happened
is that my breath
had been knocked
right out
from inside
my chest.
*gasp*

No longer a stranger,
Paige spread sunshine
from darkened
Alaskan skies
to Alabama
and brightened my day.

As I poured over the contents
and selected my muse
(above pic is of the items I gathered to keep),

Oh, who am I kidding?
I went back for more of those textured sheets!

Well behaved women rarely make history -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Additionally,

I took out from the box

the warmth of your friendship,

the beauty of your giving spirit,

the glow of seeing your workmanship up close & personal,

a piece of your heart,

reflections of your smile!

And

I gave thought

to just what this treasure box

meant to me?

Passion

Power

Strength

Togetherness

Spirit


I was moved to add to the box,

and,

and,

and the ONLY

piece I ask to keep with

The Sacred Crow Treasure Box

is the beaded female face.

So,

today Dec. 3rd

I'm wrapping up the goodies

(like Santa would)

and I'm shipping it off to Grace


THANK YOU

Connie,

Gris,

Paige,

and Grace

for

the gathering of women

EXPERIENCE.

9 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Wow... powerful and joyful post Monica - thanks so much for the photos. The box looks wonderful, but I know it's so much better in person. I can hardly wait to actually get it in my hands and feel all that goodness.

Connie said...

ZOMG! I'm speechless. Monica, you rock!

Here I am going, gee, I hope Grace doesn't take that one, or THAT....or THAT...or THat...!!! This is just too awesome-ly #$%*&^ COOL!
Connie

Paige said...

Shweet!! I also echo Connie with ZOMG! Monica, your items are incredible.

Isn't this FUN!? I was wondering when I'd hear your scream - I truly was listening, but nothing. I thought maybe the wind was blowing too hard or in the wrong direction or your scream, being used to Alabama weather, had actually frozen on it's way to me. In fact, you had the wind knocked out of you! No scream. Funny. :-)

Enjoy the box, Grace! I can't wait to see what you take and what you give.

Peace,
Paige

Griselda said...

OMG
I am here, mouth watering with all the treasures...(hope I don't have to turn around and buy it myself)
You did wonderful Monica...and so poetic. I am touched by your sensitivity and caring. So glad we are friends.
Hugs.
Gris

Griselda said...

Connie, how does it feel to have created this amazing group of women coming together...I hope you are feeling proud of yourself.

I just saw your new creations and was not able to resist a pair of earrings, I got them for myself, that is my Christmas Present.

Ladies, take a look :)
http://images.etsy.com/all_images/d/ded/76d/il_430xN.14895903.jpg

Griselda said...

Monica, I keep on coming back to your post, you are giving me an idea...I am already have done with my little ladies, ornies for the yule tree...I am going to make them like they are holding little bundles, do you realize that the way you wrapped your gifts already looks like a doll?
I am also working on my pillow like dolls, (you included some on my last box) We should start offering "surprise treasure boxes" in eBay, if people trust that we add any value to them...I think they will fly. Think about it, it is a great way to clear our studios for the New Year to bring other treasures.

Griselda said...

Okay...who am I kidding!
Make that two pairs of earrings!

(I went back just to see if I had missed anything...Ha)

Jo Anne O. said...

I want to thank Monica for sharing this adventure on her blog so we all get the chance to see what a wonderful, creative journey you all are on!

Have fun!

Connie said...

Glad I checked out your blog Joanne, we have A LOT in common..Robert D. Jr? ZOMG! He has gotten so gorgeous in sobriety! And I agree, he is one of our greatest national actor treasures. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the broken boy addict thing is part of the attraction since I'm an eternal rescuer!

Be well,
Connie

P.S.about the ice cream I feel your pain! I believe that the one ingredient that must be removed from your bowl is GUILT! Just tell yourself that this is something your body needs and DOWN THE HATCH! Voila, you are nourished!