Thursday, December 13, 2007

Treasure Box Update!

Hello Everyone!

I am here and alright...at this point anyway!!

As you know I have a sick kitty...he is really not looking good and I have an appointment with the vet this afternoon. I had to run out and pick up an injection of antibiotics yesterday and was only able to give him half the shot as he freaked out and jumped and ended up bending the needle! Lucky that he didn't injure himself or us...but only half the shot went in...

Right now we are in the middle of a winter storm warning...freezing rain and sleet...so far the roads are good, I just hope they stay good for me to get him to the vet. He either has an abscessed gum or a tumor as he has a huge lump under the right side of his chin that is bulging out pretty far...eating and drinking and being somewhat normal but today he is worse than yesterday, or I am reading into it...at any rate I am a bit freaked out!

NOW on to the box! WOW!! I literally poured over the box all afternoon yesterday once I opened it trying to choose from it all. I wanted to be fair and not take too much...so every time I took something out, I put something in and then some extras went in...then a bit more came out...well, I am sure all of you know what I am talking about! LOL

I believe that I am settled with what I would like to keep at this point and will post photos up hopefully today once I get back from the vet and let you all see what I took and what I added!!

Connie...I still do not have my copy of the book. It was mailed media mail on the 6th from Arkansas. Half.com said that it could take up to two weeks to arrive...so what should I do with the box? Would it be better for me to mail the box back to you now (can send out tomorrow) and then send the book once it arrives? Is Susan definitely the next in line so I can inscribe the book to her?

I have enjoyed this journey with all of you...I feel like little pieces of each of you now reside with me! Thanks for including me!!!!

Smiles! Jo Anne

3 comments:

Griselda said...

I know it is not easy to see one of our kids in pain. Take it easy and be gentle with yourself. Give him Reiki it will help, just hold him gently and start sending him healing loving energy and light, it is as easy as that.

As for the box, I know exactly where you stand on the giving and taking, because it was very hard for me, I would have kept all the beads...laughs, them fill up the box with cabs. But it is in the letting go that one learn the best lessons or so it goes.

Jo Anne O. said...

Thanks Gris...I did end up putting in more and more and second guessing the guidelines...wondering the whole time if I was being greedy! BUT I have to say I felt good at the end and satisfied with both what I took and what I gave...so I guess I did right!

Thank you for your thoughts on my kitty. Koko is only 10 but the doctor now feels that he has a cancerous tumor in his jaw. She is going to biopsy it on Monday so we will know for sure soon.

Griselda said...

OHH dear, poor kitty, sending love and light your way.
Hugs
Gris