Friday, December 7, 2007

Treasures... everywhere treasures!



Hi fellow treasure keepers/seekers - the box arrived here late Wednesday afternoon. It came at the prefect time. My work day had been exceedingly stressful added to a couple of personal stresses. I put the box aside, waiting for the stress to subside a bit before I opened the box. I kept it close by - savoring the wait, knowing I would be instantly cheered once I let the treasures spill forth.

I was not disappointed, the first thing I noticed was the wonderful assortment of items Monica added to the package, it seemed to jump out at me.

I unwrapped it carefully, not know if I'd be able to make it look that pretty again. There are many treasures hidden in this carefully wrapped goodness.

After pouring over the items, I was torn - so many things I thought I wanted or needed, but had to step back and think, "Are you being a little greedy?" "Will you really use that anytime soon"? I have been fortunate in having been gifted with so much in the past from both Monica and Gris and I love all their creations. And that giant container of beads is almost too much for a girl to bear!

Anyway, this is what I came away with...


I put the box away that night - it was so very late. After work the following day, I brought out the treasure box again and pawed through it to see if there was anything else I must have.

I loved the little origami hearts (Paige - I'm assuming you made those?) and I just can't resist faces made by Gris - so I went back and grabbed a few of each.



Now to put some treasures back. Before I get to my stuff - Gris had sent me a couple of clay Yoni creations that were to be added to the box from her.



I had pondered what I would add since I was invited to join. I have fun going through my stash and this just gave me another reason to do that.

I started with some miscellaneous items - faceted blue glass heart pendants; ceramic angel beads from Peru, a carved rose quartz bead, some clear fire polish beads and 3 lion pendants.


Next up - some Swarovski goodness, acrylic and metal slides with Swarovski stones and some 8mm margarita (3700) beads in volcano


More clay beads - the brown beads are from Earthenwood Studios.


Next up - some vintage items. The green squares are meant to be cabs, but those holes are big enough to get a needle and thread through. A hank of beautiful peacock bugle beads, a vintage Swarovski crystal pendant and a few little rose montees from the 20's


How about a little African flair??? Here's some beads from Africa, I'm not sure of the age - I found them at a local flea market about 2 years ago.


Now then, a little glass leaf bead/pendant - I wish I could remember the artist that made this, but I can't - sorry. Seems I bought this a few years ago, I hope someone can incorporate it into some beautiful work of art.


Some items made by me are up next, first is a little vintage German glass cab surrounded by brown beads and backed with Ultrasuede, it's tiny - could be used in any number of ways. And the blue glass is a brooch.


Last, but not least is a mermaid doll I made a few years ago. The doll form was made by Monica and I purchased it from a third party before I even knew Monica - it just seemed it had to go in this box. This is the only item (with the exception of the Imagine a Woman poem) that I ask to stay with the box.


She is about 6 inches tall and is adorned with fresh water pearls, Swarovski crystals, shells and seed beads in many sizes.


I've inscribed my book to Jo Anne and packaged everything up.


I just need to tape up the box and get it to the post office which I will do on Monday.

Jo Anne - have a BALL!

9 comments:

Jo Anne O. said...

Oh my...I am in trouble!!!!! Grace...I love Swarovskis and the beaded brooch is to die for...and all the other goodies...wow! I can't wait to be able to go through this box very slowly, savoring all the wonders inside...I am quickly coming up with tons of things to add now that I have discovered what you added, things I have forgotten all about...wow...can't wait!

Connie said...

Grace, I am so excited for you and your process of give and take!! I'm working at not getting attached to the idea of having any of these beautiful additions for myself so that my own experience with the box will be purely my own!

Fly safely little crow and please stay in that Flat Rate box size!! ;o}

Connie

girlgonethreadwild said...

hubba hubba, I knew you'd contribute greatly Grace! your heart is truly a giving one, I can't wait to meet you one day! Perhaps in 2008? Thanks for the wonderful pics, and for adding such beauty to the box. ~Monica

MoonRae said...

I hope it's okay to say hi!! What a beautiful endeavor you lovlies have taken on.....I miss you guys,wish I was contributing....you are all special,touched women and I'm honored to know you. My blessings and love to you and yours.....big hugs
Sharon(MoonRae)

Phyl said...

Wow, girls! What a great project to enjoy, passing through the talented hands of several artists, and getting to add and subtract wonderful goodies! If any of you gals do another box next year, might I be considered to play with you? A few of you know me; and I promise to behave!
Hee, hee.......that mermaid is wonderful, Grace! All things yummy...
thanks for sharing with all of us who follow your blogs!

Connie said...

Wow, Sharon, thanks for the kind words. Something has begun...and your input is consequential. May we all embrace the mystery of beauty refracted through a generous heart.

Namaste`,
Connie

GraceBeading said...

Sharon... so good to see you here and to read your words. I miss you and seeing all your wonderful works of art. You are a treasure!

Phyl, nice to see you stop in and visit and offer your kind words as well.

Another box... who knows? Anything is possible :-)

Paige said...

What? Did you say the treasure box is coming back to me? No? Darn!

It's amazing to be able to watch how the lovely treasure is morphing and yet staying basically the same as the box travels. What an exciting project - I'm delighted the box will be able to travel a little longer.

Griselda said...

Grace, I hope you don't feel neglected, I have read about the situation at home, whatever it was, I forgot, but please know I am sending you loving light.
As for the keeping and giving, you did well, and glad to know your creativity and abundance has given the treasure box another twist of magical items. Your little doll is amazing, a good sister for mine to travel the country. I smile thinking the size of this box at the end of its journey.
Be well, and stay gentle with yourself.
Hugs
Gris