Monday, December 17, 2007

My Time With the Treasure Box

Okay...here goes! Of course since Connie posted that the box arrived at her home, you know that I sent it out, but I have been so sidetracked that I haven't posted my message about the box yet! I apologize to all of you, but things have been hairy here for a little bit. The photo above are all the treasures I kept. I know that there are a lot of things in that little pile and so I hope I made up by adding a bunch of good stuff back in! I am honored that I have a bit of each of you here in my home now and really loved joining in!

I am going to have to post a "part two" to this message since all the photos would not go on one post...so here we go, these are what I added to the box!

A few altered game pieces...
Some fimo beads and a pair of earrings that I made when we lived in CA in the early 90s. The canes we some that I made in a class taught by Z Krimke in Old Town San Diego...really hard and very time consuming..but rewarding. I have never made more either!
A strand of "shell pearls" for your own stringing projects...pale yellow, pink and mauve.
A few beads and some cool brass and sterling...plus a beaded bead made by a long ago online buddy...


2 comments:

Griselda said...

You did wonderful...thanks for being so generous with your gifts.
I have many altered domino and other game parts that I never know what to do with, I sent one to Connie and she is using it on the photos of her earrings, that is a great idea. Then I sent one to Charles deLint wife with his package and she said they are hanging the dominoe and beads on their window so they can see it while they do the dishes...that made me smile :) Yours are lovely, always new ideas for creativity and more fun.

Jo Anne O. said...

Thanks Griselda! I cannot take credit for them however as they were made by a lady from England! I thought that they were better served being sent on!